The transition to leading virtually hasn’t been easy. It helps to learn from people who have been doing it for a really long time.
On today’s episode, host Jeff Mask sits down with Ralph Burns, CEO and founder of Tier 11 and co-host of the Perpetual Traffic podcast, to talk about his new book, Virtual Boss. Jeff planned to just skim the book in preparation for their interview, but he couldn’t stop reading. He loves that it’s written from the actual trenches of virtual leadership, not some theory. Ralph has put in the work and has applicable, useful info for today’s leaders in virtual spaces. The guys geek out over human psychology together, talk about building trust and getting the most out of your team, and dig deep into what truly makes a leader great.
Listen in for some encouragement and advice from a long-time (and well-respected) virtual leader.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- What leaders need to know about human psychology
- Tips for transitioning from in-person to virtual leadership
- How constructive reprimands can actually build trust
- Why emojis are key to Ralph’s company being a virtual organization
LINKS AND RESOURCES:
- Virtual Boss (Ralph’s new book)
- firstname.lastname@example.org (email your thoughts/questions to Richard and Jeff)
OTHER SHOWS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:
- Business Lunch with Roland Frasier and Ryan Deiss
- Perpetual Traffic with Ralph Burns and Kasim Aslam
- DigitalMarketer Podcast with Mark de Grasse and Mandy McEwen