When was the last time you praised someone on your team with specific, authentic feedback?
On today’s episode, co-hosts Richard Lindner and Jeff Mask talk about the absolute importance of leaders expressing appreciation and acknowledgment for the work their team is doing—in a consistent way. If you do it randomly, whenever the urge strikes, it probably won’t happen. You need to build this mechanism into your weekly routine. They share some helpful stories (both good and bad) and some actionable ideas for appreciating your people and inspiring them to greatness. We often glaze over this issue, but it can be one of the easiest and most powerful things we do as leaders. “The ripple effect of this is literally incalculable,” Jeff says.
Listen in for some helpful and tangible tools and frameworks you can put into action today.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to do a quick self-audit to see how you’re doing in this area of affirmation
- Tips for offering feedback that is consistent, authentic, and specific
- Creative ways to offer praise in a virtual workplace
- How often to offer praise/appreciation (and why frequency matters)
LINKS AND RESOURCES:
- The New One-Minute Manager (book by Ken Blanchard)
- The 5 Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace (book by Gary Smalley)
- email@example.com (email Richard & Jeff and toot your own horn)
OTHER SHOWS YOU MIGHT ENJOY: