What’s one of the single biggest frustrations/struggles for new leaders? Time management.
On today’s episode, co-hosts Richard Lindner and Jeff Mask take on the challenge of helping new leaders manage their time effectively as they transition from an individual contributor role to the role of manager. That shift is no joke, they say. And hopefully it helps to know that you’re not alone. No less than 100% of leaders find this difficult. And no two leaders approach time management the same way. Jeff and Richard don’t. Their suggestion is to learn as much as you can, then put a plan into action. Think of it as an experiment. If it doesn’t work, and you have to change it, that’s still a win. It’s a stepping stone on your way to success.
Listen in for some helpful guidelines and frameworks you can test out as you transition into leadership.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- How the 3 Ps and the 4 Ds can help eliminate frustration and challenges
- How to use the Eisenhower Matrix as you plan your day, week, and month
- The pros and cons of a player-coach role
- How and why to use day-theming in addition to calendar-blocking
LINKS AND RESOURCES:
- RTL 02/14 episode on delegating
- firstname.lastname@example.org (email your thoughts/questions to Richard and Jeff)
OTHER SHOWS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:
- Business Lunch with Roland Frasier and Ryan Deiss
- Perpetual Traffic with Ralph Burns and Kasim Aslam
- DigitalMarketer Podcast with Mark de Grasse and Mandy McEwen